First Impressions: Zoella Beauty | Jelly & Gelato Range

Thursday 9 November 2017


Me being me, this post is so long over-due. I actually bought these not long after they came out but as per, I just lost a bit of motivation to get things done and they've been sat around doing nothing for 2/3 months but I'm now getting round to doing it, which is the main thing. I normally do review posts but I wanted to mix it up a little bit and do a first impressions on the Zoella Beauty Jelly & Gelato Range and I might follow it up with a review after. I picked up everything from the range apart from the bag as I wanted to give each product a go.

So first things first, let's talk about the packaging as whole. As you probably know, I'm quite a fan of pretty packaging and this definitely ticks that box. Everything is so in tune with each other and is good on the eye, with some shiny gold lettering. It's light and colourful, which gives it a summer feel, which is fitting for the range name. Love everything about the packaging for sure.


Moving onto the products itself now and the first one I used was the Shower Sauce. I love the name, it's very fitting and just looking at the colour, it reminds me of the strawberry sauce that you'd get on your ice cream. When you first squeeze it from the bottle, it has a slight jelly-esque thickness to it but once it's settled onto your hands for just a few seconds, it thins down (how you see it in the picture above). Once you start lathering it onto your skin, the elderflower scent starts building and it foams up well like a shower gel/body wash would. Easily washes off and the scent lingered on my skin for quite some time after my shower. I like this one and seeing as it's £5, which is pretty standard price for a brand shower gel (maybe a smidge higher), I would buy this one again.


The next product are the Pink Bath Wafers. I was really excited to try these but I was a tiny bit disappointed when I opened up the packet. I initially thought that there might have been a handful of thinner wafers, not two really thick ones. But then if they are too thin, you're not going to get much from the product, so I understand why they had to be thick. Aside from that, I went to go and plonk one wafer in the bath. So, at first there wasn't that big fizz sound like you'd get from a Lush bath bomb but I could tell it was fizzing as the bath water started to get cloudy looking. It took around 5 minutes to completely dissolve, and I had to help break it apart as it didn't seem like it was doing anything. I could definitely tell it was moisturising as my skin started to instantly feel it, with a slightly oily feel to it. I could just smell the scent, I wasn't blown away by it but I could smell it on my skin. The wafers are £5, which is pretty average for a bath fizzer/bomb but I have my reservations on this product, so not sure if I'd reach for them again.


The Shower Shake instantly got my attention just from the packaging alone but I was most intrigued about was that it was a moisturising body wash. I don't get it often, luckily, but there is nothing worse than if you get dry skin instantly when you come out the bath/shower so a moisturising body wash should easily help with that. I gave it a quick shake but when it came out of the bottle, it seemed like there was still some air in there, as it came out a little splatty so had to shake it even more. But, when it did come out, it was lovely and creamy and smelt good. I've seen people mention that this is good for shaving your legs, so that's what I did and it did work well, although I had some clumps in the bath but that's not the end of the world. My legs did feel lovely and smooth and didn't feel like they had dried out, something that happens sometimes. I also used this on my skin in general and felt nice and moisturised. This retails for £6 and would be something I'd buy again. Overall, it's a good product.


The next item I tried was the Cream Scrub. When I opened this for the first time (although I struggled to remove the foil lid), I was actually a bit surprised of the colour being orange. I just assumed that it was going to be white based on the name but you can't judge a book by it's cover. Like the Shower Sauce, you are hit with that scent of elderflower, but is slightly more powerful. It's slightly thicker than I thought, bit like a balm. I imagined it being slightly more gloopier, something like the Soap & Glory ones but that didn't make any difference as once it was applied and rinsed, my skin felt so soft and exfoliated. It's £8 and I think this is going to last me quite a while as I only did a few small scoops and that covered my arms, legs and chest.


Something that I rarely use are bath milk powders, so I was keen to use the Bath Frosting. It comes in a tin like container, with 4 packets of the frosting and contains a decent amount in each packet. Once I started sprinkling it into the bath, it started going cloudy and bubbly and got that lovely elderflower scent. It wasn't long until my skin started to feel moisturised and I just felt so relaxed. I don't really have many complaints about the Bath Frosting. This is probably one of my favourite products from the range and for £7, I'm likely to buy these again.


The one that sounds the scrummiest is the Body Pudding. This is what I imagined the Cream Scrub to look like but using the word pudding compliments the consistency. This cream feels good to touch, soaks into my skin quickly and the scent lingers for ages. There's also small pink beads that sink into your skin once you've rubbed it in, which makes my skin feel so good. Like the Cream Scrub, I imagine that this is going to last me quite while because a small amount does go quite far. It's £8, which is slightly more than I would have like to have paid but I would get this again once this one has run out.


Last but not least is the Gelat'eau Body Mist. This is where you can really appreciate the scent of the range, as it sticks with you for absolutely ages. I do like the packaging, keeping in with everything else but personally, I wish that it was a see-through bottle so that I was able to see how much I had left. It's definitely a summery scent but it won't stop me from using in throughout the year. It's only £8, which is good for a small handy fragrance that you can pop in your handbag.

Overall, I really quite like the range. The scent of elderflower and pomegranate wasn't one I was expecting and being a Jelly and Gelato range, I thought it might have been a more vanilla/strawberry fragrance but I suppose Zoe just wanted to go with something a little more unique, which is perfectly fine. There's definitely a few products I'd repurchase.

Do you own anything from this range? What is your favourite?

Look after yourself,


This blog post is not sponsored and all opinions are my own and honest!

You Might Also Like

0 comments