My Travel Makeup & Skincare Essentials

Sunday 26 March 2017


Going on holiday is an exciting thing to do, whether it's with family, your partner, friends or even on your own. But, the one thing that stresses me out is packing. Even though I've been on many holidays, I always take far too much, despite writing up a list of what I'll need. But hey, I'm pretty sure most people will take about 5 pairs of shoes even though they are going for a 4 day holiday, just incase an occasion arises to wear a specific pair.

I'm currently on holiday so I've been through the whole 'What do I want to take with me'. Not only did I have to think about the clothes I'll be taking, but also my makeup and skincare for the week. Luckily, I'm only within the UK so I'm not restricted in what I can take, like liquids, aerosols etc. but I still wanted to be as reasonable as possible. I'm not looking at wearing makeup everyday but just wanted to take some items with me so if I'm going out for dinner or a trip out, I can atleast look alive, it won't too heavy on my skin and doesn't take forever to do. I've taken some skincare pieces also, as it's important that I still look after my skin, regardless if I wear any makeup or not.


Because my skin hasn't been too bad lately, I've not been messing with the skincare products that I've been using, as I'm worried something may flare it up, so what I'm not actually taking too much. So, coming with me is:
  • Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water: I've been loving this again recently. I used it ages ago, stopped and now I use it every time I want to get the makeup off my face. You don't need to use too much water to get rid your makeup, so this is a big thumbs up from me.
  • Clinique Moisture Surge: I've had this for so long and I still love it. If my skin is feeling on the dry side, I only have to take a small amount and spread it over my face and it'll instantly feel so moisturised. It comes in a small pot so it's really handy to take with you on holiday.
  • Pixi Glow Tonic: I've reviewed this product on my blog before and I was saying how much I loved this. I still do, which is why it's part of my travel essentials. I usually use this after I've used the Micellar Water just to fully cleanse my skin. This has been such a saviour and something that I've used where I've seen a noticeable difference.
  • Superdrug Pure Cotton Wool Pads: I'll be using these with my Micellar Water and Pixi Glow Tonic. Pretty standard cotton pads, which you can get from drugstores or supermarkets. These are the ones I had lying around and it doesn't appear that I have many left but I can get some whilst I'm on holiday if I do run out.
  • Simple Kind to Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes: I used to use these before I used Micellar Water, and used them again when I stopped. Even though I'll mainly use the water, it doesn't harm to take some wipes just incase. Sometimes they are good to get rid of some stubborn makeup.
  • Garnier SkinActive Moisture Bomb Tissue Mask: I love these! These tissues are incredible. Whenever they are on offer in Boots at 99p a go, I tend to buy a handful because they are that good. Similar to the Moisture Surge, this is good to help moisturise my skin but I use it more of a pamper session, so I can sit back and relax for 15 minutes whilst it does it's thing. My skin just feels so refreshed once I peel it off so it's something I'll try and do once or twice whilst I'm away.

That's skincare out the way, now let's go through what makeup I'll be taking with me. For the base, I've got:
  • MAC Prep + Prime Primer: I used to use the Babyskin before I was gifted this for Christmas. I've been using it the last few times I wore makeup and I feel that this helped my makeup stick to my skin slightly better. It has a SPF 50 rating so incase it's a tad sunny, this will keep my skin sun-safe.
  • NARS Sheer Glow Foundation: As you probably know by now, this is my regular foundation so it's no surprise that this is mentioned in this post. This foundation is lightweight, so it's perfect that it won't be heavy on my skin.
  • Collection Last Perfection Concealer: Again, the pretty regular concealer that I use all the time. This lasts a long time and can cover my blemishes and darkness under my eyes really well. I'm slowly running out so may need to locate more whilst I'm away.
  • Rommel London Stay Matte Powder: I've mentioned this in previous posts but this powder just does what it needs. It's lightweight and doesn't make your makeup look cakey.
  • Makeup Revolution Blush Palette: This palette is so pretty and very spring like so I thought it would be a great product to come along. I've only really used one colour but it's good to have variation.
  • NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray: Once the base has been complete, I would apply my favourite setting spray from NYX. I prefer the Matte finish over the Dewy because I don't really want to look that shiny.
  • For the base, I have some of my Real Techniques brushes and complexion sponge to put it all together. My good ol' trusty tools, which need a good clean (oops).

I have a small amount of things for eyes, again, mainly because I just want to keep it simple. For eyes and brows, I have:
  • Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette: This is a perfect spring palette. Really lovely light, peachy/pink tones, just to add some subtlety to my eyes.
  • I've decided to bring two different brushes to apply eyeshadow, one for the base and for the crease/blending.
  • Barry M Kohl Pencil Liner: Just a simple eyeliner, no shimmer or anything. Barry M is really good for simple products costing at a reasonable price. It glides nicely on my water liner, without being all scratchy.
  • Barry M Liquid Eyeliner: Just incase I feel a little bit daring one day, I'm bringing my liquid liner. I'm not that great at doing winged liner but I've been using the side of a card from my purse to give me the wing that I want. I hope that one day, I can do it without using something as a guide.
  • Maybelline Lash Sensational: I've raved before how I love this mascara. It really brings volume to my lashes but not too thick and heavy that it'll make my eyes look like they are shut.
  • Soap & Glory Archery Brow Pencil: This is just my current brow pencil that I've been using for so long and not getting bored of it. The colour of the pencil doesn't make my eyebrows go too dark because I don't suit dark brows in the slightest.

For lips, I have very few things, namely:
  • ColourPop Ultra Satin Lip (Schnookums) + Ultra Glossy Lip (Sugar Lips): These two minis are part of the Short and Sweet mini set, that was released for Valentine's Day and thought these were really good colours for Spring. One is more like a gloss so I don't have to have obvious colour if I don't want it, just a nice shine.
  • Vaseline: Because I'm near the sea, I'm bringing this with me incase my lips decide to start cracking, which they already have.
That is everything that I have taken with me on holiday which I'm very certain will get me through the week. I'm so excited to be having some chill time with my boyfriend.

What are your Makeup and Skincare essentials? Is there anything you'd recommend?

Look after yourself,


This blog post is not sponsored and all opinions are my own and honest!

You Might Also Like

1

  1. I have so many of the same products which are my go-to for traveling! Like the micellar water, nars sheer glow, collection lasting perfection concealer, and the lash sensational mascara. Sounds like you have a great amount of options you bring for travel! I love the look of those Colourpop lip products.
    Lovely post :)
    Holly x http://www.thechroniclesofholly.com/

    ReplyDelete