Swatches + Review: ColourPop Cosmetics | Ultra Matte Lips

Sunday 19 June 2016


One of my work colleagues has a good eye for makeup and recently mentioned to me about ColourPop, a US based brand that are cruelty-free, who sell some really good looking products. During my lunch break, I had a look on their site and was just in awe of their Ultra Matte Lips range. They have such beautiful colours, ranging from the bolds, the brights, the nudes and the dark shades and really wanted to get some, but they don't actually sell to the UK. It's a shame because I think that the brand would fit in so well into the UK and could potentially become really popular over here, as they are quite a unique, alternative brand. Before placing an order (the others wanted some too), she bought in the ones she owns and all of us did a quick little swatch on our hands and they were just perfect and beautiful and it really helped me decide on the kinds of shades that I wanted.

After waiting for so long, THEY FINALLY ARRIVED and the first thing I did was do some swatches, to see if I was happy in what I chose, as you tend to find that the colours on the website look so different when you actually have the product in your hands but I think I had made some really good choices.




First up, Are & Be:


This was probably the riskiest one for me, as I felt like it could really drain me out, make me paler than I already am. When I saw it in the tube, it was lighter than I though, thinking that it was actually going to look alright on me, but then it definitely came out darker than it looked in the tube. It's slightly more purple than I had imagined and looking back on it, it was a risky one but if I team it up with the right makeup everywhere else, it could work. I'm just not used to having dark lips like that but hey, I'm still really happy with the product. It applies really easily and nicely although I think I may invest in a lip liner for this colour, or get a real thin brush to apply this, just to be really precise and neat. I would give this a 7/10, purely because it came out a lot darker than I thought.


Next up, Clueless:



I really like this shade. It's definitely how I thought it was going to look, but again, was a smidge darker on skin than was in the tube but that's just something that happens I guess. It's a really nice pinky, nude shade, which could go well with either a soft or bold eye. This one has a real nice soft touch to it when it has dried, which I hope is a good indication that it's not going to go really dry and crack after a short period of time. I'm going to give Clueless an 8/10.


Third up, Lumière 2:




Lumière 2 was the one that all of us picked, so was obviously going to be a clear winner. Upon swatching it, it came out slightly darker than Clueless, but appears more purple toned, so again, was a bit more darker than I had originally anticipated but that doesn't matter, as I'm willing to try and get into more of the darker, daring shades, as I don't do it enough. The more I do it, the more I don't freak myself out in a mirror. Like with the others, it applies really nicely and dries really well and as long as it does that, then it's serving it's purpose. I would give this one an 8/10.

Last but not least, Scrooge:





This is probably my favourite shade of them all. The colour is so beautiful and bold. I think the formula for Scrooge is slightly different to the others, feeling a little more thinner (which could be down to the pigment of colour they've had to add) but that's not really a problem for me, as it still goes onto my lips so well and still dries matte like it should. After a while, I honestly didn't feel like I even have any lipstick on because it was so lightweight and wasn't drying out my lips at all. I've even been drinking tea whilst having it on and although it was leaving a bit of a pinky/red lip mark on the mug, the product didn't even budge. I'll give Scrooge a 9/10.

Overall, I'm really happy that I've been introduced to this brand as it's quite hard to find one who can sell a good, quality product and it be within a low budget. I mean $6 for 1 (which would be about £4 - £4.50 in the UK), is pretty darn good in my option. I'm quite interested in buying some of their Super Shock Shadows and Blushes, but would easily buy more of their Matte Lips again.


I've been told about (and also read) that there are some companies who can deliver products to the UK even when they only ship to USA (or other specific countries that you don't live in). What they do is that when you sign up, you are given a US address (which is in their warehouse or something), you buy the products you want, selecting the US address as your delivery address and once they've received it, you can then tell them where to deliver it and you pay the postage, which I think is genius. It means that we aren't missing out on some good products but hopefully, it'll encourage the companies to allow shipping to your country if they hear some really good feedback on what you've bought. This is probably what I will do if I want to buy their Shadows or Blushes or more of the Matte Lips.


Do you own any ColourPop Cosmetics products? What do you think of them? Let me know in the comments below, I'd love to hear your thoughts.



Look after yourself,


This blog post is not sponsored and all opinions are my own and honest!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. These look like such lovely shades! I recently got my hands on some Colourpop through a forwarding service and it was pretty quick and easy, the products still working out inexpensive even with delivery and such added. I'm definitely keeping an eye out for these shades if I decide to put another order through.

    www.lovefrommaira.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry for the late reply! They really are some lovey shades. Would recommend them if you decide to put another order in at ColourPop

      Delete